I’m available for:
- organizing meetings for parents and teachers , on how to educate kids to a responsible use of the Internet
- designing and carrying out training courses for teachers, on specific themes about a self-aware use of the internet, and also about how to use digital technologies for teaching. For example:
- Digital Technologies: how to get to know them and protect oneself from viruses and malware
- Digital communication, how to use the social media properly, from a linguistic point of view, safeguarding the user’s own digital identity
- Teaching methodology in times of social media
- tackling the challenge of cyberbullying
- tackling the challenge of sexting
Sample of a realised activity (correct use of internet)
In the last 15 years I held many training courses for teachers about different subjects, as you can read in my Curriculum Vitae.
I collaborated with different agencies and private association, such as:
- Indire (Italian National Institute for Educational Research)
- Various schools for teachers training courses
- NonSoloLimLombardia (teachers association for training)
- I’m registered in the official Lombardy Region trainer’s bulletin board.
- the publishing house Cedam (De Agostini) to realise the digital section of the schoolbook Grammatica & Co.
I’m available for:
For several years I have been in charge of a school project which aims to make children and students more responsible in using the Internet.
That was designed to try to solve the problem caused by the increasingly early age at which kids start using the Internet, by means of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, mp3 players and video game consoles.
Those, unfortunately, make their activities less visible and observable by parents and adults, in general. I have also been able to verify that only a small percentage of the youngsters is introduced to surfing the Internet by parents. That’s why I consider absolutely necessary that their schools provide them with information and educate students to a more responsible and safer use of the Internet.
An expert’s intervention, such as a police officer’s, is useful but doesn’t give students the possibility to tell their own experience. I also think it is important to plan the training on this matter at an early stage (e.g.the last year of primary school, that is 5th grade or, at least, at the first year of middle school, that is 6th grade), because children are becoming Internet users sooner and sooner.